Downloading and Installing EndNote
In Windows EndNote is downloaded as a zipped or compressed file and needs to be extracted before installing. Two files are extracted, the "ENX6Inst" file and the "License" file. Both of these files must be located in same directory or folder for EndNote to install correctly.
IF YOU ARE ASKED TO ENTER A "PRODUCT KEY" DURING INSTALLATION BOTH FILES ARE NOT IN THE SAME FOLDER
You WILL NOT be asked to enter a "product key" if both file are in the same folder or directory. [Additional Information
- Right click on the "endnoteX6.zip" folder.
- Select "Extract All" from the list of options.
- Click "Next" and accept the default location"
- Files will extract to a new folder named "EndNoteX6"
- Open folder EndNoteX6, and the other folder within, make sure both files are there.
- Click "ENX6Inst" to begin installation.
- Except default settings and select typical installation
- After EndNote installation is complete, run "EndNote Program Updates" from the EndNote Help Menu to check for updates. (Optional)
- Once downloaded click on the installer.dmg file and a new window will open. This window is VOLUME & SITE LICENSE UNLOCKED INSTALLER. Drag the EndNote X4 folder on screen from left to right and into Applications as seen on screen. The instruction on screen directs you to the EndNote X6 folder, now in the Applications directory.
- Proceed to Applications via the Finder; open the EndNote X6 folder and click the EndNote Icon to launch the EndNote Customizer. The EndNote Customizer will install the program to completion; you should click on the "Next" button three times, when prompted.
- Note that there are limitations to the Safari browser for MACs. Read the UL EndNote Blog entry for more information.)
Consult the University Libraries EndNote Tutorials and Help Resources
Submit a question using the University Libraries EndNote Help Form.
Download new and updated filters and Output Styles (External link to Thomson Reuters EndNote website)
Check the University Libraries EndNote Blog